Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 39

torethesky 

Today I got a new lens. It’s a Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens. I needed a higher quality lens to get wide angle shots for some of my photography clients, so this one fit the bill. I also purchased a sensor-cleaning kit and finally cleaned my dirty (for almost a year) sensor. Now I can shoot at apertures smaller than f4 without dust spots and smudges all over the place. To demonstrate, I took the above photo with my new lens.

Things I’ve learned: I’ve missed shooting at smaller apertures. I just realized that when I finally cleaned my sensor. I also love what wide angles give me with landscapes. This new lens might be the daily lens i use now, because of its wide-angle attributes and low-light abilities.

Tamron 17-50m 2.8 lens @17mm
1/250 sec
f/16
ISO 100
(tripod mounted)

No comments: