Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 28


For the next several days, I am going to be sharing shots I took using my camera set at ISO 3200. These shots won't necessarily have been taken on different days, but the goal is the exploration of the limits of my camera. I will still probably shoot every day as well, so I can get my photos ahead of the days. This will ensure that I can continue posting and not miss a beat if something causes me to forget to shoot for the blog (sometimes I do shoot personal pics, but nothing I'd share for the blog).

Things I've learned: The supposed rule with hand-held shots is that you can hand-hold your camera, and whatever the focal length of your lens (ie, 125mm), that is the minimum shutter speed you can shoot at (ie, 1/125 sec, also keeping in mind the crop factor of your sensor). However, I took several shots and found that my hands are shaky enough to break this rule now and again.

Canon 30D w/70-200 f/4 lens @172mm
1/8000 sec
f/4
ISO 3200

1 comment:

Brock said...

I really like this shot! Poor old building...