Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Day 18


This probably won't be the first model train or toy train photo I post. A good friend of mine has been collecting trains for over 30 years and this is just a glimpse of his amazing setup. My children also have come into an abundance of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff, and I admittedly turn into a kid myself when they play with them.

Things I've learned: It's kind of neat the kinds of images that can be made with a wide aperture. Especially when you have no other choice. The lighting was terrible in the room where this train set was, and I had to shoot at high ISO's and even dangerously slow shutter speeds to get this shot, but when I finally got around to checking it out, I kind of liked the results. 

Canon 30D w/ 50mm 1.4 lens @50mm
1/50 sec
f/1.4
ISO 1600


No comments: