Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 34


I came home today to discover that my wife had decided to decorate the facade of our city home with a door wreath and fill our empty flower boxes with these flowers.

Things I've learned: Flowers are a difficult subject to shoot. Not technically, but perhaps creatively. It seems like I've seen flower photos of every kind, and despite their obvious beauty, they lean heavily on the "been there, done that" side for me.

I've also been shooting in manual mode lately, rather than aperture priority mode. I'm surprised at how much I ignore my shutter speed when I think that the lighting is good enough. Maybe its a good idea to shoot more in this mode.

Canon 30D w/70-200mm lens @200mm
1/320 sec
f/4
ISO 200

1 comment:

Meg said...

I like my flowers...they make me happy.