Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 27

ISO3200-26

I don’t expect to win any photography awards for this photo, since it was done as an experiment in testing. What was I testing? The highest ISO setting on my camera (3200). This was done to see how well I could control the digital noise if I ever dared attempt to shoot at this setting for more collectible shots.

What I’ve learned: Adobe Lightroom 3’s noise reduction improvements are just plain amazing. I pretty much considered my camera’s highest ISO setting unusable until now. This software has changed the game for me in terms of what is doable in low-light. Look for more posts at this setting, since I am going to put it through the ringer for the next several days to see how it holds up in a couple of other settings.

Canon 30D w/70-200mm lens @ 200mm
1/800 sec
f/4
ISO 3200 (!!!)

No comments: