Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 26

Day-26

Thanks go to God for providing just enough light and fog this morning to enable me to get this shot. I’m a fan of minimalist photography, so this one really appealed to my senses.

Things I’ve learned: Rushing doesn’t work in photography. I took some other photos of a different scene and wound up tossing them. I was in a hurry, and pulling over on a foggy road with no shoulder on the crest of a hill isn’t the safest thing to do. Those shots were taken without checking my settings, and I ended up with a 1600 ISO image at f/8 shooting almost right into the sunlight. The results were lousy, but in my haste I was too overwhelmed to stop and think about the right settings that I needed to capture my vision.

Canon 30D w/ 50mm 1.4 lens @50mm
1/3200 sec
f/4
ISO 100

No comments: