Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 23


Self-portraits are not my most favorite thing in the world. Many photographers prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it. In fact, some take pictures for this very reason. I'm not that shy, but I've seen way too many pictures of me that make me wary of photos. That being said, I had an idea with this one and it worked out well, after only a couple of tires. Self-portraits can be tough to do right. This one came out almost exactly as I had planned.

Things I've learned: I really would like to explore the self-portrait area more. I find it kind of challenging, but it is also neat to try to come up with different ways to photograph yourself. I think I'll be taking more of these in the future.

Canon 30D w/ 50mm 1.4 lens @50mm
1/160 sec
f/1.4
ISO 1250

No comments: