Wednesday, June 15, 2005

NBA Finals (part 3)

Now that curiosity has the best of me, I think I might be watching a little of every game. Not because I like the NBA, but because I want Detroit to go down in flames. Last night I caught the the first half of game 3 and to my dismay, it seems Detroit has finally showed up to play basketball. Even Ben Wallace proved that he plays on the the team last night with some impressive first-half stats. San Antionio looked a little stunned by this defense that didn't seem to exist in the first two games. Their shooting was also off in the first half. I'm thinking that Manu Ginobili's thigh injury really slowed him down because he did NOT look like the player he was in the first two games. That being said, I think that he has to be my favorite player thus far of these two teams. What I hated about last night's game were the awful passes and turnovers that San Antonio gave up. They did not seem to be in any rhythm in the first two quarters.

Besides the game, I would have to add to my recent blog commentator's complaint:


If you feel the need to complain; Complain about the start time. 9pm tip-off?!?!? Come on Mr. Stern, some of us have to get to bed at a decent hour.

That's a very good point. But even further is the fact that is seems that there must be some sort of unwritten rule about not having an NBA finals game on a Friday or Saturday. Excuse me? If you are going to have these games this late for the East Coast, at least have the decency to move the game to decent time and day for us to watch. Now I understand that Stern is trying to hit the prime-time hour for the Central Time Zone, since most of the watchers are going to be from those two cities, but come on. Put the game on a day when most people don't have any competing shows to watch. So far the first two NBA finals games have lost in the tv ratings to CBS shows. I seriously doubt that there would be as much programming competition on a Friday or Saturday night, and people could have parties and stuff and watch the whole game. If this keeps up, I'm just gonna bag the whole thing and start watching my professional wrestling pay-per-views I taped. * (jk)


*Disclaimer: Unlike basketball, Albert does not acknowledge pro wrestling as a legitimate sport (at least as it is currently broadcasted on tv) nor does he believe that any form of this professional wrestling is anything more than acting and shock-value entertainment, and thereby does not encourage or endorse its viewing. However, if you have a fascination with watching Jerry Springer shows or drinking moonshine out on the porch of your double-wide, then perhaps professional wrestling is just the right form of entertainment to keep your motor running.

No comments: