Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 1



So, for my very first post, I thought that it might be good to get a photo of our new baby, Isabel. Her birth this year will probably be my most memorable event of Spring 2010. 

What I've learned: One recent thing I've learned is that if you want a shot at an exposure that is slower than you can hand-hold, if you fire off shots in burst-mode, sometimes you can get a sharper shot from one of the bursts. The lens that I used with this shot was my 70-200mm, and it only opens up the aperture to F/4. To get an adequate shutter speed for non-blurry shots, I need to usually have the shutter speed at 1/320 of a second or faster. Fortunately, shooting in burst mode allowed me the option to capture the shot a little better without a wider aperture or adding more light.

Shot with Canon 30D w/ Canon 70-200mm F4 lens @ 126mm
Aperture:F/4
Shutter: 1/50 sec
ISO: 800


No comments: