Saturday, November 03, 2007

Photography Anyone?

I'm a little crazy when it comes to photography, which is my newfound hobby. Why do I think that am I crazy? Well, first off, I listen to photography podcasts practically every day to and from work in my car. When I'm using the internet at home or at school, I'm usually researching cameras, lenses, or reading photography blogs, tutorials, or viewing photos. I teach a digital photography class at school, and I also manage a flickr page, and a digital photography website (blog) for our newly-formed digital photography club at school. Oh, did I mention that I have my own photoblog where I post my favorite shots? I'm also saving up every little penny I have for a Digital SLR camera of my very own (right now we have a simple point-and-shoot which I feel like I've outgrown months ago). I've also completely read through B&H's 2007 Digital Photography Source Book (a catalog), as well as about 7 different books on photography in the past 6 months. Do I have reason to feel a little nuts? Maybe. However, if you see me snapping photos or hear of my untimely death at the bottom of a cliff with a shattered camera in hand, now you'll completely understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! I am too busy to put the time into photography that I'd like to, but I really enjoy it. I often see something and imagine it framed a certain way in a photo. It also doesn't help that I do work for a lot of photographers and am always looking at cool photos :)

I really like a lot of the photos in your photo blog! You take nice photos, so I guess it's a good hobby for you to get into.