Monday, November 26, 2007

Why I hate FedEx

Okay, so I've been waiting for my Mac to be delivered for over a week now. According to the posted tracking info on the web, it was to be delivered today (Monday) at some time. So I went out to a nice breakfast with my family, only to arrive home and check the status to see that FedEx had come at 9:23AM and we weren't there (we got home an hour later). So I proceeded to call FedEx and see if they could drop it off sometime today, or if I could go pick it up.

Them: "I'm sorry, sir, but the package cannot be re-delivered until tomorrow."
Me: "So there's no way that you can call the driver and have them re-deliver it today."
Them: "Nope. I'm sorry, but we have no way of contacting the driver or even the service station."
Me: "You mean that nobody can call the driver's cell phone and let them know of anything?"
Them: "Sir, if you would like, I can put in a message, but they won't get the message until tomorrow morning."
Me: "Thanks, but I would like to have my package today. Its not even 11AM. Your guys deliver until 5pm. Can't I just arrange to have it picked up somewhere else today? I can drive and get it."
Them: "I'm sorry sir, but there's no way that anyone can contact the truck drivers once that they are on their routes. I know that it is an inconvenience, and we are working on making this process better, but there's nothing that we can do."

Apparently, FedEx drivers enjoy the freedom of being cut off from any sort of outside communication from their work. This must be a good job for the anti-social personalities out there. Nevertheless, I go yet another day of waiting. Stupid FedEx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're not supposed to bash them until AFTER they deliver your package! If the driver reads this, your Mac could get jostled a bit more than normal out of spite! ;)