Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 123


I guess I could concede failure for the photo-a-day project, since I've not actually posted a new photo every day. However, as far as I'm concerned, it can't be called failure unless one gives up, and I'm not going to do that. My goal is to post 365 photos on this blog even if it takes me 2 years.

I took this close-up shot of a flower while out on a top-secret photo shoot. We were in a neat garden, and these flowers were everywhere.

Things I've learned: Shooting from a distance of more than 5 feet is risky with an aperture as wide open as f/1.4, because it is easy to miss your focus plane. I had taken some shots and later found out that the lens had focused behind the subject multiple times, and I did not notice this in the viewfinder or on the LCD screen.

Canon 30D w/50mm 1.4 lens @50mm
1/2500sec
f/1.4
ISO 200

No comments: