Sunday, August 08, 2010

Day 119


This is the last in my "Tomato Series" on the blog. I've really enjoyed exploring this tiny little tomato as a subject for my daily blogging. Hope you all enjoyed it too, even if it is just a little tomato.

This shot was processed as a split-toned monochrome image (red-tinted black and white) for a couple of reasons: 1. I wanted to explore the subject with an absence of color  2. I thought that the results gave the image a neat feel.

When you take much of the color out of an image, your focus turns to the light, shadows, shapes and textures. There isn't really much to this little tomato, but the image feels comfortable and safe, and in some way a little more significant in an emotional sense. Almost nostalgic.

Canon 30D w/17-50mm lens @50mm
1/100sec
f/2.8
ISO 400

No comments: