Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day 114


One of the best pieces of photographic advice I've ever heard, was to take a subject and try to photograph it in many different ways. While I haven't quite done that with this upcoming series, I have done some minor study on light, shape and composition with this tiny tomato. How tiny? Well, it is a cherry/grape tomato from our garden, and is about the size of a penny. Audrey picked it for me this morning, and I figured that it would make an interesting subject study. The following few days are going to have photos from this photographic study. Each image is processed in a different way to help emphasize the impact and mood I'm trying to convey with the subject.

For those of you who may not be seeing the point, I'd like to encourage you to focus on the light, shadow, shape, and other perspectives that you will see. Think of it as a combination of shapes, colors, textures, etc., and not just a tomato. And if you are taking my photography classes this year, consider this an early primer for you. :-)

Canon 30D w/17-50mm lens @50mm
1/100sec
f/4
ISO 400

No comments: