Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Belated Post for 4-6-05


Okay, so I'm a little late with this post. The truth is that I've been busy doing....Okay, maybe not that busy. But work has been keeping me on my toes. Recently, I've been working on developing an in-house program in visual basic that we are intending to eventually sell on the market. Its been an interesting experience for me to make the switch back to Visual Studio from Microsoft Access. I started my job using Visual Basic and then moved to ASP programming, then got put on months of Microsoft Access VBA programming for which I did several applications. Now here I am again with Visual Basic. Go figure. Good thing these languages are all so closely related.

I found a really neat remote access tool that allows you to control computers remotely. The tool is called "Log Me In", and it allows you to set up a connection on any computer, and then log into your account to control that machine. The service is free for basic remote control access. You have to pay like 13 dollars for the beefed-up service. But for what I need, the free service works really well. You can check it out at www.logmein.com

One of the happiest moments of my life recently was when I discovered that I could actually get my portable Cd player to work in the Chevy Malibu. This made the trip to New Castle and Cleveland a more enjoyable one. I love listening to music when I drive. Sometimes I wonder if I get excited about the trip because of the idea of driving to music. OK, I'm a little weird. Speaking of which, you can check out some of the pictures from our trip up to New Castle and Cleveland where we visited my family. We visited my mom, brothers, father, and their significant others and relatives. As you will see on our website, where the pictures are posted, Audrey stole the show. But that's how we wanted it anyway. :-)

No comments: