Thursday, April 21, 2005

Life updated

...so I end up getting this watch on ebay for one cent. I figure, "hey, its a good deal either way, right?" WRONG. First of all, I'm an idiot for thinking that a 16 dollar shipping charge is normal for a watch I paid one cent for. What's even better is when the watch comes wrapped in bubble wrap inside a standard first class letter envelope. The watch? Well, the 3 chrono dials for date, month, and seconds don't work, and the watch feels like its been made from tin foil and twisty ties. Nevertheless, I've learned my lesson about bidding on ebay items after midnight and without reading other buyer comments first (which were mostly negative).

Tomorrow is my last day of work as a programmer for The Hightower Group. It's been a very growing experience for me there. I've learned so much about how little I know about computer programming over the past year. I will miss the casual, laid-back atmosphere and friendly faces. But boats do sail, and this one's a castin' off again...:-)

Nothing can give you more perspective on just how tiny your 8 month old daughter is until you fold her laundry. Nothing can give you more perspective on just how big your responsibilities are until you hold your 8 month old daughter in your arms and see her give you her famous "Four-toothed grin". And nothing can make you smile wider than when you hear her laugh as you bounce her on your knee.

I went to the doctors the other day to find out that I had an ear infection. Not good. I've probably had more ear infections as a child than China has people. Luckily, I've been stocked up with antibiotics and decongestant medicine that tastes like the inside of a marathon runner's shoes. The good news is that the infection is supposedly minor, and the medicine should do the trick. Let's hope so. I can't afford to lose any more hearing.

No comments: