Friday, April 08, 2005

A New Beginning

Yesterday was the start of a new beginning for my family and I. After a few months of searching, God has given me the opportunity to move elsewhere with my career as a Visual Basic programmer. I am now officially hired as a Visual Basic programmer for a company called Weidenhammer Systems Corporation (www.hammer.net). They are a company that develops IT solutions for businesses and other organizations. Now the question may follow, "Did you not like your old job?" The answer is, Yes, I did like my old job". The reasoning behind the new job is more of a financial stability thing that involves more personal detail than I care to go into on a weblog.

The biggest issues facing me now are the commute and learning the new position. It is an easy commute, but yet lengthy. 34 miles one way, to be exact. The job is located just outside of Reading, PA. in a town called Wyomissing. The position will probably start me out as a maintenance programmer. My job will be to fix bugs and provide support programming for a Reporting Module that is part of a larger educational software package for School Districts in 12 different States throughout the East Coast. I'm very excited about the new position, because it will expose me to working in a more team-oriented environment where I will have room to grow and elevate my experience to other levels.

The good news is that the company is putting an office in downtown Lancaster soon, and there is probability that I might be able to work a couple days a week out of that office. This would put me less than 4 miles away from home. So this is the latest news for now. If you are reading this in surprise, feel free to give me a call and I'll tell you more.

No comments: