Monday, January 24, 2005

New Monday Rants

Well, I guess the top rant for today goes to the letdown from last night. I can't say that I went into the game with high expectations for the Steelers. After all, they looked awful in the Jets game, and they certainly topped that performance with the one last night. Are you kidding me? Watching that game had me wondering how they even got so far in the season. Big Ben played QB like he was blindfolded on rollerskates, the Defense must have been playing cards in the locker room during the game because I saw no evidence of the NFL's number 1 defense there..oh wait, perhaps I they all meant the Patriots? And Bill Cowher...oh man...just when you think you can pat him on the back for some great coaching, he calls some of the worst plays I've ever seen at 1st and goal. Needless to say, I found myself watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edtion and Desperate Housewives by the end of the first half, and switched back to the game between commercials to confirm that the Steelers indeed had blown it (and they did).

This weekend was marked by a big snow through the area. I'd have to say about 6 to 8 inches fell on us. This was cool, because we actually planned to spend the whole weekend indoors watching movies and taking it easy. I saw Dodgeball for the first time. I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it at the movies. I'd have to say that the movie's sarcastic humor stood out enough that the movie actually made fun of itself, so I won't do that here.

Yesterday I purchased a package of Orbit gum. I actually like the stuff, but this one flavor: "Bubblemint", tastes terrible. I figured I'd be brave and try it for kicks. Well, its awful. I would rank it up there with that stupid "Holiday Spice Pepsi". Another letdown.

So I guess that in review of my weekend, all things were letdowns: The Steelers, the "Dodgeball" movie, and even something as minor as a little package of chewing gum. Hmmm, let's hope this trend is over.

No comments: