Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 62


Spending time with the Hershey Christian Senior class down here in Madeira Beach, FL. This is a shot I got randomly near our hotel. It was shot from our balcony.  Gotta love palm trees.

Things I've learned: I'll be shooting all of my shots with a Nikon Camera, which poses challenges in terms of learning how it differs from my own camera, which I did not bring along. I've already discovered an opposite feature on this camera, which messed up a few shots. Just goes to show you how valuable it can be to know your gear. I can make changes on my camera with little thought and very quickly. This camera, is not new to me, but because I've grown so accustomed to my own equipment, it does give me a challenge.

Nikon D40 w/35mm 1.8 lens @35mm
1/160 sec
f/8
ISO 200

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I personally prefer the water pipes in this shot. I could take or leave the Palm tree. ;)
Very glad you are continuing to post even while trying to keep track of a group of crazy seniors!