Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Harry Potter and Metaamphetamines

I have enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series. I borrowed book 7 from my friend this time, since I didn't think it would be smart to invest 20 bucks in another of one of the maybe 3 books that I own. Anyways, the thing about reading Harry Potter is that it has an addicting element to it. Once you pick it up, you just can't get enough. Its very hard to put down. So hard that in the past 3 days, I've been not been able to get into bed any earlier than 1:30AM. In fact, the past two days, I've been up to 3AM. This stinks when you consider that I am awoken on average by 7:30am by my darling 3 year old daughter. Let's face it, 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep a night is not healthy. So I'm guessing that my addiction to Harry Potter might be what it would be like if I was addicted to Meth. I'd get no sleep, feel a longing loss and mental pain from not being able to read/have it, while all at the same time feeling guilty about it all. I'm nowhere saying that I understand what it is like to be a Meth addict. Those people need love and compassion. However, I'm quite thankful that J.K. Rowling doesn't put out several Harry Potter books a year or I'd be destined for rehabilitation and intervention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just getting prepared for the new baby's schedule! :)

Meg said...

So, now that you're done...can we have time together at night again? I miss my hubby!

Unknown said...

opps, AL, I guess Meg told you! I was going to write something sarcastic about Harry Potter being the anti-christ but i saw meg's comment and thought you're already in enough hot water.
blessings!

Meg said...

Just to clarify. He wasn't in hot water, I just missed spending time with him. However, with his lack of sleep, and my pregnancy...we've been spending our evenings sleeping. So much for "quality" time. So...go ahead, Tim, with your sarcastic Harry Potter comments! :)