Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Danger of Babies

Two days ago I was giving my 19 pound 11 month old baby girl a bath when, as I lifted her out of the tub, a sharp pain suddenly shot through my lower back immobilizing me temporarily. Several minutes later, I would foolishly attempt to something of considerably less weight only to make things altogether worse for me. The pain was so bad I couldn't move. The only two positions I could tolerate were standing or lying down. As I write this blog, the pain still exists to a point where I find that I can only tie my shoes or put on socks with the accompanied severe pain surging through my lower back. Despite the fact that I'm a 28 year old guy complaining about back aches due to the stress of lifting 19 pounds, what was even more humorous was the look on my daughter's face as I screamed out in pain during that initial injury. She had this, "Uh, Dad? Are you okay?" look on her face. All of this is written to warn those of you who don't suspect it. Babies are dangerous. So if you're considering having any children, just keep that in mind. And I suspect that the more children you have, the more maimed and injured you will become. Just a word of caution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your pain. I am considering your blog and realize that babies are dangerous. I just never took into consideration the idea of serious back pain.

I am now reconsidering becoming a father. Thank you Albert for showing me the light!