Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen:The Canon 30D has just entered the building


Ever since I've really gotten into photography in a serious way, I've been wanting a real Digital SLR camera. My work has given me ample access to the school's Digital SLR cameras, and I've been able to make lots of images using them, but the fact that the cameras were school property, and that my using them would sometimes be subject to their availability was somewhat bothersome. Also, I felt bad about "making art with someone else's paintbrush".

Well, the opportunity for me to earn some extra money came and I've been saving up for months and months to get a camera. After spending days and hours contemplating the brand of camera (Nikon or Canon) and they type of camera (entry-level SLR or pro-sumer SLR), I finally came to a decision and made my purchase. The camera came yesterday afternoon. With much joy and anticipation, I've already taken several photos with my new Canon 30D. Here is a test shot I've taken just today.


shank park 1




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWE-SOME! I can't wait to check it out! I couldn't really talk to you about cameras before because you used a Nikon, but now we can be friends ;)

But seriously, congrats on the new camera, I'm sure you'll love it!