Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Helment laws and other stuff

This week Big Ben gets into a motorcycle accident and smashes his face off of a car windshield. This results in 7 hours of surgery to his face. However, people still have the nerve to argue against wearing a helmet. Are people stupid? How is it that its a law to wear your seatbelt to protect yourself from crashes, yet its not a law to wear a helment? Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

I suffered through my first experience with a pipe this past weekend. I have never smoked anything in my life, and really had no curiosity to until recently. The good news about smoking pipes and cigars is that you don't inhale the smoke and so, unless you would do it reguarlly, its not harmful. I've always thought that pipe tobacco smells okay, but let me alert those of you who have never smoked a pipe that it definitely doesn't taste like it smells. Particuarlly the stuff I tried..I think that it was called, Marijuana...haha...just kidding. Needless to say, despite the new experience, i don't see myself buying a pipe and tobacco anytime soon. Its just not my thing.

I bought a bb/pellet gun the other day as well. I bought it mainly to take out the bunnies in my back yard. However, I'm finding it hard to kill what I would consider a harmless little creature. I shot one the other day with a bb and a few pumps of the gun, just to make it run away. However, after watching it limp away in confusion and pain, I've decided to just use the gun for recreational target practice, which harms nothing but my pride of being able to shoot straight.

Work has been pretty busy for me lately. I hate it. I want to quit. I'm hoping to get back into teaching, where I feel my gifts and abilities are better used. I'm just not cut out to live the life of a programmer. I'm too much of a social person. I also enjoy helping and working with others. I just can't do that in an environment where I sit all day and type into a computer for 8 hours. Like the pipe smoking experience: Its just not for me.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the life of a programmer, tough stuff!! I sit here all day and slave away at the computer. I mean...between trips to the shooting range of course. But other than that, I can hardly stand it if it weren't for the Frosty runs. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel from the relentless work at honing my foosball game. Part of it could be from the keyboard and mouse usage too, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I can hardly surf to another tech site. And don't get me started on the "busy work" of a programmer! Monitoring digg, slashdot, homestarrunner, myspace, cnn, bbspot, countless special interest forums, and checking zombo.com for updates wears me thin. I'm getting all worked up, now I need to get a 3rd cup of free afternoon coffee to settle down. This sucks!