Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Deactivated and loving it

Today I've been unofficially "deactivated" as a programmer at my job. I am kind of content about this, because I've decided a while back that I don't want to be programming for this company anymore. In fact, aside from the simple web-programming that I already do, I don't think I want to program ever again.

The GOOD news is that I have been accepted to be the computer and technology teacher at Hershey Christian School. I get to be a teacher again! I can't even express my happiness with this. The fact that God has given me the opportunity to get back into the job I  feel most confident in, and love the most. Its not Spanish, however i would think that my passion for technology currently exceeds my passion for Spanish. However, what really matters is what my greatest passion is, and that is teaching.

Why did I leave teaching? I didn't hate it. I chose to change careers as an opportunity to move back to PA and start a family. I also wanted to somehow use my computer degree before it became obselete. Now I'm able to use both my teaching AND computer degree. This is gonna be good...:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALbert!
Congrats on the job change. I know that God has a plan for your life and I am excited to see how He reveals it to you! God bless in this season of transitions.