Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Warriors

This past weekend turned out to be very productive for us. We decided to organize our very unorganized basement an relocate the items to our also disorganized shed. After organizing both basement and shed, we ended up with more space in both. Our shed has tons of space for more stuff, and our basement is working its way towards being temporarily inhabitable. Our goal is to get the basement to be usable space for a future family room. This will add loads of space for our little place.

We also finally got around to putting away the winter clothes and re-discovering that we have summer clothes. Of course, it also leads to revelations in weight gain over the winter, which I hate to say seems to happen to me every year. Since changing professions from teacher to computer programming I've gained probably somewhere between 15 to 20 lbs. I guess if my next profession were sumo wrestling, I'd be heading in the right direction, but that's not the plan.

To update an old thread, the construction patterns on 222 still seem to show no signs of improvement. On any given day, traffic will be backed up for at least half a mile for no aparent reason. I think that it might have a lot to do with how bad Pennsylvania drivers merge. I even had a guy try to force me off of the road because he didn't want me to merge into his lane. I don't get it. When the signs say, "use both lanes to merge point" and "take turns merging into single lane", you'd think people would honor that. In any event, I found it irritating to need an hour and forty-five minutes to get from work to home thanks to a tractor trailer with a flat tire blocking the oncoming lane in a two-lane construction zone. The only thing that keeps my sanity through all of this is knowing that it will eventually get better as the new roads are finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

222, continues to be a pain in everyones "ka'tuch is". sorry to hear that PA drivers insist on acting out their frustrations by driving you off the road. Remember, the best answer to road rage is a loaded hand-gun. Try a Glock 19. I know someone who has one that you could borrow. Give him a call.