Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Nintendo-Linux-What?


Not too long ago, I decided to do some research to find a way to backup our Nintendo wii games on an external drive. The process of researching and ultimately succeeding with this project seemed to unlock some type of buried curiosity to tinker with computers more. 

The next thing I know, I find myself finally resting from a 3-week endeavor of learning to run much needed windows software on my Mac at school, downloading and burning at least 13 different linux distributions to try on old school computers, with final success at revitalizing these machines to function way more usefully for our teachers and students. 

The process has been very fun with a productive outcome for everyone. It's funny how a random desire to preserve an aging video game collection turns into a full-scale revitalization project. 

No comments: