Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 158 (Goodbye to a friend)



Almost 3 weeks ago, I rented the Canon 85mm 1.8 USM lens to use for a wedding and some portrait work. In that short amount of time, I have fallen in love with the quality and sharpness of this lens. I have ready in many online forums and many reviews about how wonderful this lens was, but not until I used it myself was I able to experience this. It is an AMAZING lens! I feel like it has really allowed me to compose in different ways, and the client images from this lens have been astounding to say the least (at least from a photographer's perspective). Sadly, today will be the last day that I use this lens. I have a client shoot this afternoon, and then tomorrow I am to box the lens up and send it back to California for the next lucky person to try out.

Hopefully, if the finances are right, I will be able to purchase my own copy of this wonderfully-crafted lens. Until then, goodbye to one of the best lenses I've ever used.

No comments: