Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 112


Photographing the moon is a lot harder than it looks if you'd like to do it correctly. You need to underexpose the shot to get detail in the moon, since the camera will automatically over-expose the moon (it is a lot brighter than we think). I like this shot for the detail in it, but I realize that a good photo of the moon would also probably include an interesting foreground to look at. Another issue is the lens. Even at 200mm, my lens is too short to get a good close-up shot. I had to crop this photo significantly to even make it this large in the frame. Either way, I think that it is a nice shot considering my meager efforts.

Canon 30D w/70-200mm lens @200mm
1/200sec
f/11
ISO 400

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's beautiful!
(P.S. - the verification word for me to put in for this is "butingle!" ummmmm....)