Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Morning Football Thoughts Week 2

Steelers / Texans
Once again, I'm happy that the Steelers won. I'm also happy that my fantasy team's recent acquisition of Willie Parker last week produced a result. As for pushing the Steelers as super bowl material, that remains to be seen. They still need to play a good team and look convincing. Beating the Titans and the Texans doesn't say much. If they can beat the Patriots next week, then I think I'll be more convinced.

Bengals / Vikings
Culpepper is really making people wonder. 8 INT's in 2 games? We can't count him out though because Bart Starr did the same thing, and then went on to lead the Packers to the Super Bowl in Super Bowl 8. As for the Bengals. They are starting to scare me.

Browns / Packers
I normally wouldn't even comment on this sort of game, but I found it interesting that the Browns were playing the Packers in Lambo Field and still managed to make them look pathetic. This is despite the fact that the Browns are also pathetic.

Ravens / Titans
So much for worrying about the Ravens this year. Their offense is so bad that the defense has to stay on the field most of the game. This means for a tired Defense that eventually runs out of steam. They need to rebuild or something. The old 2000 team game plan where their defense wins games isn't gonna work anymore.

Colts / Jaguars
Peyton Manning is human? Never saw that one coming. :-)

Eagles / 49'ers
Did anyone think that this was even going to be a game? McNabb is one of the best QB's I've ever seen.

All the Rest
Not much else to blab about in week 2, except on how dumb it was that of all the games that were on, I got the crappy ones that didn't have any relevance to my favorite team or the fantasy team I own.

No comments: