Saturday, January 01, 2011

Day 186



For those of you who follow this blog regularly, the following 10 images are from a series that I did of my kids under some camera limitations. For the technical details, I simply put a short extension tube on an 85mm 1.8 fixed-focus prime lens. This extension tube eliminates autofocus, aperture control, and severely limits my depth-of-field. What it does do is allows me to focus the lens about 1 foot away from my subject and try to capture what I can in a very shallow depth of focus. I decided to focus on each of my kids as the subject matter, or at least features or items that represent them or their personalities. The follow 10 images will be posted without any data on exposures or anything, since the idea of the project has just been explained here. Enjoy!

No comments: